5.25.2011

Protect Your Curls at Night

Hey y'all! Protecting your curls at night is just as important as keeping them fly during the day. Here are some popular methods for maintaining your styles while you sleep! Enjoy!


Pineapple: Gather your hair at the crown of your head, and secure with a loose scrunchie. My hair doesn't really work with the pineappling method, but if you think it'll work for you, check out CurlyNikki's Night-Time Routine. If your hair is shorter, check out Elle's Multi-Pineapple style. View the video below for a visual on how to pineapple:

Barbara (of Barbara Naturally Speaking)'s tutorial: 

Retwist: This is my preferred method, as it yields bigger hair on day two...and I love me some big hair! All you have to do is retwist your hair in large, loose sections, like NaturalChica does in the video below...

Or using Clarissa 198's method of moisturizing and retwisting:

Make sure you have a Satin or Silk Bonnet/Pillowcase/Scarf. Cotton can dry out your hair and cause breakage, split ends, and frizz. Yikes! You can find Satin bonnets and pillowcases in the hair section at Wal-Mart, or at any Beauty Supply store. You can always just stuff your hair under a satin bonnet, or sleep with it out on a silk pillowcase. These usually leave my hair looking a bit crazy and smooshed on the sides, but it works if I know I'm going to be rocking an updo the next day.  I try to spritz my hair lightly with water and seal with an oil or butter every other night to make sure I'm keeping my hair properly moisturized. You can use plain water, or add aloe vera juice/oils to make an at home curl moisturizing spray.

What do you do with your hair at night? 

Stay fabulous!

**Just found this video by Afrobella if you've got "Satin Bonnet Struggles" (lol!)


No comments:

Post a Comment